Mittwoch, 17. August 2016

Back in the U.S.

Hi Guys,

I'm finally back in the U.S.! Right after I got back home from my exchange year, I told my parents  I will go back next year and I did. So right now I'm visiting my aunt in Atlanta, GA and we're doing a road trip of the Eastern part of the U.S. and next week I'll be in Texas again to visit my host family and my best friend! So exited already!

So I'm having a good time over here! I just love it to be here and I wish I could stay longer than just 5 weeks..

Ok so we've been doing a road trip and I've been to so many states now. We were driving through Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and Maryland.

Ok, so first we went to Pittsburgh, PA. We took 11,5 hours to get there and I was driving most of the time. It's not that easy though cause there is speed limit and I'm not used to that! Well I was driving slow compared to Germany but we got there and that's all that counts.
We had a blast in Pittsburgh! The first day we were in Pittsburgh downtown. We went to the "Heinz Museum" (yes, Heinz ketchup was found in Pittsburgh) and then we went up an incline and saw the city from up there and it was really pretty!





In Pennsylvania there are a lot of towns and places that have Indian names because back then Indians used to live there. So up that hill or mountain or whatever it was there was that sculpture where you can see when a Indian man saw a white man for the first time.






So the next day, we drove to Canada to see the Niagara Falls. Acutally we drove to Canada by mistake because I got out the wrong exit but well I enjoyed crossing the border!







So this is the Canadian side of the Niagara Falls:







and that's the American side (lol):







so yeah you kinda see the difference lol.

Ok, so on our way back home something really funny happened! We were like one hour away from Pittsburgh but we really had to get gas so we stopped at a little gas station and of course I had to use the restroom. So I went and I saw this:



Seriously guys, I was cracking up!! I've never seen something like that before!! I really had to take a picture of that! I just think this is hilarious!!:D

The next day we were heading to Philadelphia! And we booked a bus tour "Philly by night" so we had to hurry a little bit but we got there on time. That night tour was great! We were able to get our first impression of Philly and we really enjoyed it. Unfortunately,  parking was really expensive. I paid $31 for 3h!  But well I found a cheaper parking place for the next day. We got up like at 6 am to go to Philly downtown so we can do as much as we can. In the morning we went to see the official stuff like Independence hall and Liberty Bell (by the way, Philly used to be the capital of the U.S.).






After that we went to the Estern State Penitentiary. It was really interesting how it looked like back then! 





after that we went to the "Mütter Museum". It's a medical museum. It was really interesting!
So after that we finally went to eat something. Because of the heat we didn't eat that much so we ended up eating something after 22h!! Can you believe that? 
So we were really exhausted but we had to leave to go to Washington D.C. - so after about 3h hours we got to D.C. and we went straight to bed and slept in. So we started late but well. So of course we had to go to Macy's (we love Macy's) so we were looking for that store over one hour lol, By the way it was super hot! It was 37 degrees celscius (98F) but the humity was like 80%!! So being outside was awful. 

After Macy's we went to the Washington Monument, the WWII Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial. We went there during the sunset and after a while it got dark and it just looks so nice when everything is lit up.
 






 On the next day we went to see the White House (we couldn't go inside because you have to to ask at the consulat 6 months in advance!) and we wanted to see the capital and the holocaust museum.
But it was way too hot! It was 46 degrees celsius real feel (110F). So we basically just went to eat and to the White House. The capital was already closed and we were too exhausted to go to any of these museums. Unfortunately.






On the next day we went to Asheville, NC. There is the largest house of America located. It's called the "Biltmore Estate" and it just looks like a house of a fairy tale book. 





It is huge and it's really beautiful from the inside and also from the outside! 

To sum up, these last 10 days were filled with many hours in the car, sleepiness, happiness and laughing. We saw a lot and I loved it!

On Friday we're going  to Charlston, SC and I'm already looking forward to it because people told me it is a really pretty city and there's a lot to see. 

Next Thursday I will finally see my host family and best friend again! Then I will have a few more days in Atlanta and then I have to go back to Germany. Why does time fly by so fast?

- Deborah 











Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen